The Huck Institutes are dedicated to strengthening research in the life sciences, preparing students for successful careers, and encouraging new perspectives across disciplinary boundaries.
We establish and support interdisciplinary:
- Research institutes and centers
- Institutes and Centers of Excellence promote cutting-edge, collaborative, interdisciplinary science. Seed funding is available to support the establishment of innovative Centers of Excellence.
- Degree programs and professional training prepare graduates for productive and successful scientific careers. Students have the opportunity to explore concepts linking different fields, engage in active group learning experiences and explore potential career opportunities before graduation.
- Shared technology facilities
- A wide range of instrumentation and technical expertise supports researchers from Penn State and beyond. Some facilities are located on the University Park campus; others are based in the Hershey College of Medicine.
- Calendar of events
- Talks, seminars, conferences, workshops, training and other events offer opportunities to hear and discuss the latest thinking in a wide variety of fields.
- We co-fund many faculty and graduate students, and provide administrative and technical support for research and teaching.