Here are some microscopy references, and links to other websites.
- Microscopy primer
- University of Arizona's list of microscopy and imaging resources on the web
- Quantitative Fluorescence Microscopy (details of a week-long course)
- AutoQuant: image deconvolution and 3D visualization software
- Image-Pro: image processing software
- ImageJ: imaging software
- Information about Olympus microscopes, including interactive Java tutorials
- Purdue University Cytometry Email List: a searchable archive of information from flow cytometry users
- Free analysis software for flow cytometry analysis
- Molecular Probes for fluorescent dyes and reagents
- We subscribe to Current Protocols in Cytometry and can search for a protocol that matches your needs.
The facility also maintains an extensive library and data base of existing protocols. We provide short-term loan of books.
- Shapiro, H.M. (2003) Practical Flow Cytometry, Fourth Ed., John Wiley and Sons, Hoboken, NJ.
- Hayat, M.A. (2000) Principles and Techniques of Electron Microscopy: Biological Applications, Fourth Ed., Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK
- Bozzola, J.J. and Russell L.D. (1999) Electron Microscopy: Principles and Techniques for Biologists, 2nd Ed. Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Boston, MA.
- Hall, J.L. and C. Hawes (1991) Electron Microscopy of Plant Cells, Academic Press, San Diego
- Dykstra, M. J. (1992) Biological Electron Microscopy: Theory, Techniques and Troubleshooting, Plenaum Press, New York, NY.
- Severs, N.J. and D.M. Shotton, Ed. (1995) Rapid Freezing, Freeze Fracture and Deep Etching: Techniques in Modern Biomedical Microscopy, Wiley-Liss, New York, NY
- Rochow, T.G. and P.A. Tucker, Introduction to Microscopy by Means of Light, Electrons, X-Rays, or AcousticsSecond Ed., Plenum Press, New York, NY
- Lee, R.L. (1993) Scanning Electron Microscopy and X-Ray Microanalysis, PTR Prentice-Hall Inc, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- Bell, P.B. (1984) Scanning Electron Microscopy of Cells in Culture SEM, Inc. AMF O'Hare, IL
- Goldstein, J.I., D.E. Newbury, P. Echlin, D.C. Joy, C. Fiori, E. Lifshin (1981) SEM and X-Ray Microanalysis: A Text for Biologists, Material Scientists and Geologists, Plenum Press, New York, NY
- Rodin, J.A.G. (1977) Histology: A Text and Atlas, Oxford University Press, New York, NY
- Cross, P.C. and K.L. Mercer (1993) Cell and Tissue Ultrastructure: A Functional Perspective. W.H. Freeman and Company, New York, NY