Crystallization service provided by the X-Ray Crystallography Facility
- You provide the sample (native gel electrophoresis should be performed to demonstrate purity).
- Screens are performed (eleven 48-conditions, seven 24-conditions, three 96-conditions from Hampton; six 96-condition suites from Nextal).
- Case-specific optimization grids are used to obtain diffraction-quality crystals from initial screens.
- Trained users can screen using crystallization robot.
- Art Robbins Instruments Phoenix protein crystallization robot
- The Crystal Phoenix is the ideal protein crystallography dispenser, featuring accuracy, speed and precision to make it the perfect instrument for sitting drop, hanging drop and microbatch reactions.
- Nikon SMZ1500 stereo-microscope and digital camera
- Nikon's top-of-the-line stereo microscope, the SMZ1500 covers a zoom range from 0.75x to 11.25x, and offers sophisticated accessories that rival that of advanced compound microscopes -- allowing the scientist to see and photograph any specimen, from macro views to high-magnification micro visualization.
- Jansi UV microscope
- Tryptophan fluorescence at 360 nm, following deep UV excitation at 280 nm, is the basis for this rapid and noninvasive imaging microscope for distinguishing protein and salt crystals in situ.
- Walk-in crystallization room
- Temperature-controlled (4/15/21°C) crystallization tray storage/incubation rooms with capacity for thousands of trays
- Formulatrix Rock Imager 182
- The Rock Imager182 with superior optics is an automated imaging system for protein crystallization. This easy-to-use robot incubates and captures superior quality images of up to 182 microplates on a user-defined schedule.
- SMZ18 Research Stereomicroscope
- Manual 18X zoom stereomicroscope provides bright field images and uniformity in intensity. The SMZ18 has improved S/N ratios and bright, high-contrast images, even in the low magnification range.