- For crystals that have been screened successfully, X-ray data acquisition is attempted.
- In cases where the diffraction is of low resolution, data collection using the “mail-in” facility at a synchrotron can be explored.
- In special cases a data collection trip is planned to collect data at one of the national synchrotron facilities in person.
- Rigaku Microfocus Micromax 007 X-ray generator and Saturn 944+ CCD detector
- The MicroMax™ 007 HF is the most widely used home lab X-ray source for protein crystallography, and the Saturn 944+ is a 94 mm x 94 mm CCD detector optimized for fast data collection for macromolecular crystallography.